|Published||March 7, 2023|
Agency Note: We are accepting 1099 & W-2 only. 5764M
Contract / Contract to hire
About the job:
The API Developer is part of the Digital Technology Team. They are responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The developer must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes hands-on programming, participating in design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases of development, following best industry practices and publishing API documentation.
Your areas of expertise include implementing software engineering best practices in the design, development, and utilization of APIs in cloud platforms. You have a passion for hands-on coding, putting quality first, delivering an exceptional experience to customers and driving efficiency through the creation of extendable and reusable service components.
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation, and unit test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure, and up to date with business needs.
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs
- Must have 1 year of experience in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue systems and background task management.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficiency in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB).
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Backend Services developers
- Middleware developers
- Backend Services Developer
- Document Storage modeling
- RDBMS Storage modeling