|Published||September 30, 2022|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
* Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management in the intelligence community and Department of Defense.
* Prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas.
* Utilize the Esri REST API for integrating the web application with back-end web services.
* Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities using the latest relevant techniques and best practices.
* Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities.
* Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation.
* Suggest new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
* Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field depending on position level
* 2+ years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
* Experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
* Experience with AJAX, JSON, and REST
* Experience with using Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
* Background check required
* The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Top secret clearance is highly desired
* Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development life cycle
* Excellent problem-solving, verbal, and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
* Knowledge and practice of test-driven development methodology
* Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
* Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
* Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
* Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end-users on frequently asked technical issues
* Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor
* Previous customer service experience strongly desired
* Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it