|Published||May 9, 2023|
When visionary companies need to know how their world-changing ideas will perform, they close the gap between design and reality with Ansys simulation. For more than 50 years, Ansys software has enabled innovators across industries to push boundaries by using the predictive power of simulation. From sustainable transportation to advanced semiconductors, from satellite systems to life-saving medical devices, the next great leaps in human advancement will be powered by Ansys.
Take a leap of certainty with Ansys.
Summary / Role Purpose:
The trends driving digital transformation require high-performance computing beyond the on-premises capabilities of most businesses. Ansys is building a cloud-based solution to make it possible for anyone to benefit from virtually limitless computing power and by allowing management of their complete Ansys Simulation & CAD/CAE developments in the cloud.
The Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, you will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives.
You will engage in very large-scale software development activities while interacting with colleagues in small cross-functional teams. You will be part of the Agile working model that ensures effective collaboration. As a skilled software expert your colleagues will rely on you to address common challenges as you deploy reliable, robust software. If this resonates with you, join the team that will enable disruptive technology for Cloud Computing for Simulation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research.
- Performs complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems. This may require extensive analysis in areas including HPC Cluster provisioning in Cloud environment.
- Proposes and implements novel solutions, think “outside the box“ and let your ideas be known.
- Writes testable, readable, scalable, clean and efficient code and participates in code reviews.
- Participates in Agile process meetings. Interacts constructively with colleagues, provides constructive feedback and insight to support the team goals.
- Employs best practices to convert customer requirements into scalable designs and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions.
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities.
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Computer science, Engineering, or related field of study.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience designing and developing commercial enterprise software.
- Experience with large project development and deployment on AWS
- Experience with HPC Cluster provisioning in Cloud environments.
- Experience with enterprise software development best-practices, Git, Linux, Continuous integration and Continuous deployments.
- Experience with NoSQL or RDBMS Database technologies.
- Expert understanding of designing Microservices, Web architecture, gRPC, and Web APIs such as RESTful.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
- Familiarity with Job schedulers (Slurm) and Container orchestration systems (Kubernetes)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team.
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
- Amaze with innovative products and solutions
- Make our customers incredibly successful
- Act with integrity
- Ensure employees thrive and shareholders prosper
- Adaptability: Be open, welcome what's next
- Courage: Be courageous, move forward passionately
- Generosity: Be generous, share, listen, serve
- Authenticity: Be you, make us stronger
- We commit to audacious goals
- We work seamlessly as a team
- We demonstrate mastery
- We deliver outstanding results
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It's about the “what's next“ as much as the “mission accomplished.“ And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
CREATING A PLACE WE'RE PROUD TO BE
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following more recent awards, although our list goes on: America's Most Loved Workplaces, Gold Stevie Award Winner, America's Most Responsible Companies, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, Great Place to Work Certified (China, Greece, France, India, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, U.K.).
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.