|Published||March 15, 2023|
Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Research and improve current coding standards.
- Research and implement new development techniques.
- Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
- Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Estimate hours for project tasks.
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
- Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
- Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Teach other developers.
- Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 5+ years' experience responsive Web Development.
- Experience with typing libraries (preferably TypeScript).
- Extensive experience with command line git and of Github.
- Experience configuring and running WebPack.
- Experience with code linters.
- Experience with various HTML5 web APIs, especially: Drag and Drop, Canvas, SVG, File API, Indexed DB, Web Storage, Typed Arrays, and Web Workers.
- Very basic understanding of Node.js
- Solid experience with npm packages and npm command line statements.
- Basic experience managing Docker containers.
- Solid experience integrating with APIs over REST services.
- Familiarity with web accessibility practices.
- Solid experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Advanced systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness to teach junior team members.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.