|Published||September 3, 2022|
AIP title: Sr. Software Engineer
- Allstate Identity Protection (formerly, InfoArmor) joined the Allstate Enterprise in 2018.
- We are a Technology and Services company that has been leading the Identity Protection and Advanced Threat Intelligence pack for 10 years. Our employee benefit, PrivacyArmor, is an identity monitoring service that alerts you at the first sign of fraud and fully restores your identity. We are also reinventing identity protection with the new AllState Digital Footprint that offers a simple way for people to see and secure their data and is our next step in reinventing digital and identity protection.
- 4,500 employers have AIP as their sole identity-protection provider including 30% of Fortune 500. Our end-user subscriber base is nearly 5 million that we cover via our comprehensive protection plans for individuals & families.
What we offer:
- Base Pay + Corporate Bonus Plan @20%
- $100 monthly connectivity stipend
- 15 days of Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Access to LinkedIn Learning or Pluralsight
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k contribution (matching available)
- 100% Employer-paid medical premiums (after six months)
- Free Identity Protection enrollment (employee + immediate family members)
The team, technology, work, and overall scope of this role
- The core Employee Protective Services Channel (EPS) product development team consists of 9 Full Stack front end specialist engineers (part of overall 50+ developer team) delivering seamless Web Portal and web application capabilities for our end users (employees of our Enterprise Customers);
- The Front-End dev team works closely with our Product Owners, Quality assurance team members, back-end and full-stack developers to deliver consistent and reliable web experiences.
- The Sr. Front End Engineer will collaborate and work with experienced engineers towards an evolving world class software application.
- You'll work with modern open-source front-end development frameworks such as ReactJS, Fastify, and Microsoft SQL Server and work within a delivery-oriented team utilizing Agile Scum.
Our Technology Stack:
- Middleware: Node
- Backend/Others: Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest API
- Databases: SQL and Mongo dB
Examples of work: Dashboard display, Batch enrollment process for EPS end users ,3rd party software integration
What you'll do?
- Work within an Agile and highly collaborative lean team of engineers to ensure product delivery and best engineering practices
- Use Node.js on the server, Fastify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Full cycle Development work: Design, development and testing of web applications and services following best practices
- Work with Product Owners to understand the need; help in refinement sessions when needed to get accurate information on in developmental tasks.
- Understand design: work with Architects and members of related teams (UI/UX, Backend) to understand the developmental work
- Pick up and complete user stories
- Understand Docker, Kubernetes pipelines to initiate builds
- Work with QA teams to make sure stories are done with high level of quality
- Perform root-cause analysis and bug fixing as needed
- Stay up to date on development techniques and technologies
- Lead the creation of technical design documents and lead the communication of the architectural vision across functional areas.
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a project.
- Train and mentor new team members.
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience in designing against SQL and/or NoSQL technologies
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web
- Experience collaborating with experts across disciplines to design and implement high quality features
- Experience using git and git-based workflows
- Experience in DevOps, like building Docker containers and deploying to Kubernetes
- Must be able to communicate effectively with users, executives, and senior leaders at all levels
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Commercial software development experience
- Developing and supporting cloud native applications
- Competent in developing Node.js applications and building single page web applications using React.js, Reduxand web services (GraphQL/REST/JSON)