|Published||June 14, 2022|
Multiple Locations: Old Greenwich, CT USA | London | Singapore | Mexico City
Contribute to all aspects of application development including functional & technical specifications, design, development & production support. Ensure high quality of deliverables while complying with development best practices.
This is a terrific opportunity for a Senior Backend Developer who has a strong interest in the financial markets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrating an ability to analyze complex technical problems, you will be required to make sound technical decisions in a proactive & self-directed manner. With responsibility across all phases of the technology lifecycle.
• Focus on NodeJs event driven arquitecture in a mix of statefull and stateless microservices
• Responsible for high-quality code which will be shaping company growth & client experience
• Test, evaluate & recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions
• Work closely with Edgewater’s proprietary core trading engine to deliver scalable & high-performance solutions
• Communicate & collaborate with our global research & trading teams to design & deliver innovative & high-quality solutions
• Provide day-to-day support for the applications
• Develop & design white label trading solutions that meet our client’s needs
Skills & Experience
• Exceptional engineering experience with any additional skills around a broad range of web technologies as a plus
• Typescript is required
• Experience in using testing tools like Jest and Postman
• Must have 4+ years experience of design principles & how to achieve them.
• Event Driven Architecture experience is preferred
• Previous experience in FinTech is preferred
• Must have 2+ years experience with relational SQL databases & best practices
• Exposure to NGINX and load-balancing software
• Exposure to CI/CD pipelines
• Proficient in Git for code versioning
• Solid understanding of TCP standards & network protocols
• Experience with real-time systems
• 2+ years experience with Unix platform (RHEL)
• Functional Programming preferred
• Must have 5+ years professional experience as a Backend Developer
A competitive performance-based compensation & benefits package will be available to the successful candidate.
Please note, we do not offer visa sponsorship
Edgewater Markets is a global leader in technology driven trading solutions and execution services to the institutional market. We provide complete software solutions for banks, brokers, asset managers, and other financial institutions that optimize their trading, and competitively and efficiently access the global markets. Our suite of trading platforms, including EdgeFX.Pro, EdgeFX.Pro.EU & EdgeFX.Pro.UK, EdgeFXLatam, and EdgeFXAsia combine local market expertise with connectivity to the most diverse liquidity, regionally tailored. We provide consistently competitive pricing for Spot, Swaps, Forwards, NDFs, and Metals accessible over multiple channels.
Information Technology & Services, Internet
Information Technology, Engineering