|Date Posted||August 19, 2021|
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Authoring and reviewing web application code in a variety of current technologies
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- General understand of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
- Continuous direct interaction with clients and end-users to understand software needs and talk through architectural and technical design choices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Minimum 3 years experience in software development and IT consulting.
- Experience with Java, Bootstrap, Oracle development languages
- Experience developing and consuming REST web services
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of the full software life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this position.
-Will accept candidates with a Masters degree in lieu of 1 year required job experience.
-Familiarity with Drupal preferred
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- REST Webservices