|Published||August 5, 2022|
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Strategy & Planning
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and improve current coding standards.
• Research and implement new development techniques.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
• Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
• Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Estimate hours for project tasks.
• Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding development functionality.
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
• Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train and teach other developers.
• Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8 years IT experience.
• 8 years experience responsive Web Development.
• Expertise in of command line git and of Github.
• Extensive experience configuring and running WebPack.
• Expertise in using code linters and typing libraries.
• Extensive experience with various HTML5 web APIs, especially: Drag and Drop, Canvas, SVG, File API, Indexed DB, Web Storage, Typed Arrays, and Web Workers.
• Basic familiarity with Node.js
• Extensive experience with npm packages and npm command line statements.
• Experience managing and running Docker containers.
• Extensive experience integrating with APIs over REST services.
• Familiarity with web accessibility practices.
• Extensive experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Req ID: 220000MP