|Date Posted||August 19, 2021|
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity, growth, and flexible work environment with great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work well with a team as well as individually, can bring innovative solutions to the table, and like to mentor other developers; this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and / or responsibilities:
- As part of the development team, develop and apply skills in the areas of new and emerging technologies, best practices and system architecture.
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Design, develop and implement API / REST services.
- Design, develop and implement highly complex applications utilizing Java and Oracle technologies.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
- Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and revise source code based on requirements.
- Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
- Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
- Assist / mentor Dev team with Unit Testing and best practices
- Be a member of on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Management or equivalent.
- 2-3 Years Min. experience in Oracle PL/SQL performing software engineering activities
- Experience creating REST web services
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as SVN/GIT
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
- 3 years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Proficiency w/ Spring Boot, Spring Security, and Spring Batch
- Tomcat Application Server
- Spring MVC 3 or greater
- Hibernate ORM
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.