|Date Posted||November 5, 2019|
PREFERRED: SQL database experience
Middle tier skills: Experience creating RESTful API's with C#/.NET and/or Java Spring MVC
(PREFERRED) Database skills: Experience with writing stored procedures in Oracle and/or SQLServer
A minimum of (2) two years experience: (Flexible)
2) Web programming experience required developing external facing websites, dashboards, etc.
3) Database (SQL Server preferred) management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing, and transaction processing.
4) Experience using Git source control
** Client desires a Programmer II who is comfortable / experienced with a variety of frameworks and technologies **
Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research
Programmer II will apply and contribute to the approach organized and developer by the Programmer Technical Team Lead or the PM.
Under general supervision of a Lead Programmer or a Project Manager, the Programmer II performs application design and programming. Work includes mid-level applications software development, and user support. The Programmer II designs, documents, develops, modifies, installs, tests, implements, and supports new and existing applications software.
65% - Assists with or designs, writes, tests, debugs, and maintains software applications with mission-critical or enterprise-wide impact, ensuring that the applications meet technical and functional requirements. Designs and develops efficient, effective applications through optimal use of components, including reusable components and application frameworks.
10% - Ensures that applications comply with regulatory requirements and are consistent with current and planned infrastructure and data environments.
5% - Provides technical guidance in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining programs, including guidance to less experienced co-workers.
10% - Follows good coding standards. Properly documents project details, requirements, and procedures needed to produce a working and easily maintainable code base. Works with team members to review code and discuss design plans
10% - Translates and interprets functional requirements, and assists with requirements analyses.
Implements project management tasks for small projects.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
- Web programming experience required.
- Ability to work with a team in a constantly challenging environment.
- Ability to translate identified requirements into design.
- Software design principles, methods, approaches, concepts, and techniques.
- Principles, methods, and procedures for designing, developing, optimizing, and integrating new, reusable and/or framework systems components.
- Database management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing, and transaction processing.
- Ability to write clean, understandable, maintainable code. New software design technologies.
- Ability to reason logically and communicate effectively with system users to translate application concepts into system applications.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable to system users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisors and other employees.
Preferences (including additional education, work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with Web mapping APIs (Google, Esri, Leaflet, etc.) desired, but not required.
- Experience with mobile development a plus.
- Competency in Windows Operating System. Familiarity with other OSs a plus.
- Preference is given to programmers with twelve semester hours in computer science, geo spatial, or other related courses from an accredited college or university. Degrees in computer science, geo-spatial, engineering, or a related field are preferred.
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in any of the above disciplines; may substitute for up to two years of required experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.