|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwC’s business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Applications, Computer Programming
Demonstrating extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Understanding of C# and C# .NET Core;
- Understanding Design Patterns & Principles;
- Understanding Asynchronous/Promise patterns for parallel execution;
- Utilizing Testing Tools (Selenium, Cypress, Wdio, etc);
- Understanding Automate Testing Web & Mobile Applications (Angular / Ionic);
- Understanding Automate REST API Testing;
- Understanding Behavior Driven Development (Cucumber);
- Using Unit Testing tools (Jest, Mocha, nUnit, MOQ);
- Integrating Tests with SauceLabs and Headspin;
- Understanding Azure Devops Test Plan integrations and Continuous Integration testing pipelines; and,
- Working with remote and offshore teams and agile environments.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Utilizing technical systems and solution architecture to translate business plans into application technical objectives;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders and relationship teams providing thought leadership to promote innovation and/or cost reduction;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrated history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
- Demonstrating robust analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Demonstrating significant contributions to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines;
- Designing, improving and integrating business processes across disparate systems; and,
- Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification in the governance process, working with multi-territory representatives and technical architects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.