|Date Posted||June 1, 2019|
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Passionate about building relevant software
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong computer science skills & experience
- Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines
- Ability to understand and apply best practices
- Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
- Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation
Key Partners (Positions):
- Director, Customer Experience - Partnering to develop interaction & visual design to optimize customer flow for new products.
- Director of Web Development – to ensure process of work in is line with other developers and overall timelines met with release calendar
- Technical Team Members – Sr. UI Managers, Developers, Technical Architects and Technical Analysts, QA team and Ecommerce & Telesales Business Owners
- Web Designers – ensure creative execution is brought to life with input from coding best practices
- User Experience Architects – optimizing user flows and design for online user experience
- Manager, Business Intelligence – tagging components of new Product solutions for accurate measurement of benefits realized & customer behavior.
- Technical vendors
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1+ years of web development experience working with Fortune 500 companies
- 2+ years of web development experience, including CSS, HTLM, Java-script and jQuery
- 1+ years of Mobile Web development including responsive design
- 1+ years working in Agile environment
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Proficient in for Web and Mobile and Responsive Web Design.
- Solid understanding of UI objects & coding for reuse and building responsive solution to support all browsers and gadgets.
- Extensive cross-browser and cross-device development experience.
- Experience developing data-driven user interfaces.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
- Proficiency in the use of modern product development processes and revision control tools.
- Mobile Web application development.
- Experience with mobile & social development / integrations, proficiency with WordPress themes and plugins is desired
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R09028