|Date Posted||June 30, 2020|
The position will support the ongoing web application development effort using multiple open-source frameworks. It is a continuous integration environment with automated continuous deployments to the public cloud hosting environment to build the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies.
- Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance.
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Cucumber, Jmeter, and Selenium.
- Degree plus 15 years web application development experience OR Masters Degree in related field
- 5+ year experience with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years' experience with HTML
- 1+ years' experience with Java (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience with the following technologies:
- Automated Testing
- Amazon Web Services Integration
- Understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
- Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Chef
- Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
- Prior success in deploying to production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source DevOps tools preferred
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phases
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)