|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
6- 12 Months Contract
What Skills You Need:
* 2+ years of experience with applications development environment, database, data administration and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
* 1+ years of experience with Agile delivery processes.
* 1+ years of experience with CI/CD build processes and configuration
* Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
* Effective communication skills
A strong candidate will also have:
* Experience working with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks
* Experience working with REST web services
* Experience working with public cloud technologies and infrastructure as code
* Experience working with Micro services/NodeJS
Specific Position Requirements:
As a Software Engineer in Customer Proactive Services organization you will be hands-on development as part of an agile delivery team dedicated to design, development and delivery of the Service ADVISOR product. Service ADVISOR is a crucial application used by John Deere Dealerships for the maintenance & service of our customer's John Deere equipment. In this role you will:
* Be active member of an Agile software delivery team, work with your team and other delivery teams within the Product to implement strong software design, data design supporting a loosely coupled Architectural in a complex application environment
* Transform and continuously improve product to meet or exceed the product's specifications of availability, quality and user experience
* Leverage Cloud based infrastructure and technologies to maximize application availability and ability to scale
* Ensure a high quality and sustainable code base by leveraging strong technical practices including Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Ensure reliable and quality deployments using CI/CD
* Support and evolve a DevOps culture using DevOps principles
* Root cause, debug, and fix complex application issues and lead prevent recurrence initiatives within the Product's code base
* Participate in Agile planning ceremonies
* Champion technical standards and processes; accountable for technical outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS: Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level: The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the John Deere Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge: Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can
independently use the knowledge.)
* Business process knowledge of assigned area(s) and/or function(s). (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Analytical skills. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
Education: Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences: Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Previous experience in programming/software development/data analyst. (1 - 3 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (1 - 3 years)
* Work experience in a team environment. (1 - 3 years)
Works on a product team and supports systems and software deployment and/or maintenance by planning its work, coordinating with others to deliver functionality on a system of moderate complexity. The role relies on journey-level knowledge and experience on a single software package (SAP, ERP, IFS, PTC, etc.). This role is expected to develop simple solutions to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members or Scrum Master. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel; Has proficiency in one functional area of scope; Delivers slightly more complex software use- cases.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Builds the work needed to implement functionality from the product backlog (managed by the product owner).
* Determines the size of user stories.
* Unit-tests software, creates automated test scripts and executes all other testing-related tasks.
* Tests deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Works closely with other team members to ensure that features meet business needs; Works collaboratively with infrastructure, security and other partners.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.