|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
Since 1979, TxMQ has been building, integrating, managing, supporting and securing critical business systems and data for large and mid-market enterprise customers. TxMQ’s Disruptive Technologies Group (DTG) was established in 2017 to provide consulting services and development capabilities to our customers in emerging technologies. DTG currently has a heavy focus on implementing solutions that leverage blockchain or distributed ledger technology. DTG is an engaging, fast-paced environment where technological change is expected and embraced. Our developers have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge emerging technologies, each with the potential to explode into the next big thing.
Senior Developers work in small teams with other developers to build out solutions for our customers. In larger projects, senior developers work under a Technical Lead, who has primary responsibility for the delivery of their individual projects. In smaller projects, Senior Developers may lead the technical delivery of the project themselves. All of our developers are expected to be good communicators, to manage their time effectively, and to have a passion for what they do. An eagerness and ability to quickly learn new approaches and technologies is a must-have.
• Develop and test user interfaces for web and mobile applications using single-page web frameworks (typically AngularJS).
• Develop and test REST services written in NodeJS.
• Integrate user interfaces with remote services using REST.
• Write in-code and external documentation. Documentation could take the form of JSDoc-formatted comments, diagrams, and written documentation. Senior developers are expected to be able to document their approaches and technology decisions, and create “run books” for customers.
• Work with customers resources and DTG technical leads to gather business and technical requirements, and facilitate application testing and deployment.
• Collaborate with your team to ensure that work products integrate well with the rest of the application’s architecture
• Take task assignments and technical direction from your technical lead. Proactively communicate with your tech lead to raise issues as they arise.
• Conduct code reviews and manage code merges in a Git (Bitbucket) environment.
• Be comfortable mentoring and managing junior developers.
• Learn new technologies and methodologies. Work to grow your skillset, especially as it relates to skills with distributed ledger technologies. Senior developers will be expected to acquire distributed ledger development skills on an ongoing basis.