|Date Posted||May 1, 2019|
- Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Research and improve current coding standards.
- Research and implement new development techniques.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
- Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
- Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Estimate hours for project tasks.
- Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding development functionality.
- Perform complex programming assignments using established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
- Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
- Operational Management
- Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Train and teach other developers.
- Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
- Incidental Functions
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with developers.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel as required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday as required.
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 3+ years with CSS 3 and/or HTML5.
- 2+ years' experience responsive Web Development.
- Knowledge of web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
- 5+ years of experience using HTML/CSS/JS debugging tools (Firebug, Chrome Developer).
- Demonstrated experience with Photoshop.
- 3+ years of experience in Source Code Control, preferably Git.
- 2+ years' experience working with UNIX.
- 2+ years' experience with AJAX to interact with RESTful services.
- Experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”