|Date Posted||December 22, 2020|
PROGRAMMER 2 REQUIREMENTS
- Code enhancement and development programs and/or required fixes to production problems using the functional and technical programming standards.
- Test enhancement and development programs.
- Participate in structured code reviews/walkthroughs.
- Execute all required process steps.
- Create and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
- Utilize configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
- Research problems before approaching the Team Lead or Functional Architect for assistance.
- Limited functional knowledge.
- Follow quality standards.
- Support installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Complete assigned tasks.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Analyze and design enhancements, development programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
- Design applications to functional and technical programming standards.
- Work with Functional Architects to gather and interpret user requirements into design specifications.
- Develop system specifications and interfaces.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for work.
- Moderate functional and process knowledge.
- Assist in managing and directing Application Team processes.
- Coordinate work with other software developers on Application Teams.
- Assist Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
- Develop application designs in support of the systems specifications and interfaces, perhaps in conjunction with application or technical architects.
- Operating System expertise sufficient to perform performance and tuning diagnostics.
- Work with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
- Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
- Participate in the agency's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SDLC Methodologies include: Waterfall, Rapid application development, Agile Dynamic systems development method SCRUM, (DSDM), Disciplined agile delivery (DAD).
- Develop testing criteria