|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2021|
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We are working with a major streaming media clients and you will work on the most advanced and trendy streaming technologies and have the chance to work with leading OTT software companies.
We’re always looking for the best ways to solve problems and we are looking for teammates who equally share our passion for problem solving.
- Produce a reliable, performant, configurable, state-of-the-art SDK.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns while adhering to best engineering practices.
- Strive to constantly improve quality of engineering through code reviews, tech talks, pair programming and other collaborative practices.
- Understand business needs and design quality software solutions that work well with current architecture.
- Push technical boundaries and propose new processes and technologies.
- Ensure quality and confidence in software by writing effective automated unit tests
- Build new features and maintain existing solutions within the SDK.
- Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release.
- Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally.
- Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues.
- 4 years of professional software development experience.
- Value collaboration with teammates and stakeholders.
- Experience with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
- Experience with MSE/EME playback.
- Familiarity with TypeScript.
- A strong understanding of software design and development principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way.
- Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team.
- Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback.