|Date Posted||February 21, 2020|
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- As an Application Developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
- You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation. That all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Experience and development knowledge of Frameworks and technology
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Object oriented design skills and familiarity with advanced design patterns (MVVM, MVC) and practices
- Git experience
- Responsive design
- Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Agile development practitioner
- Participate in design sessions with fellow programmers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
- Understanding of WCAG and coding for accessibility a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies with ability to work in at least one of the common frameworks
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Working proficiency in a portion of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software