|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
Join the AAP Digital Products Team and start reimagining the future of automotive retail. Disrupt the way consumers buy auto parts and join a fast-growing e-commerce team to take on the industry’s biggest challengers. We are charged with executing AAP's top-down commitment to Digital transformation.
Our customers are can-do people who like to build, just like us. Our priorities are all about their satisfaction, trust and loyalty. The Digital development team is responsible for building solutions that drive the customer experience and, ultimately, enhance our bottom line as an organization. This team plays an integral, high-visibility role in working across the company’s Marketing, Digital, and IT organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- First and foremost, you will write great code for the team that's building AAP's next-generation B2C e-commerce platform. You will build elegant frontend solutions, based on your deep understanding of modern full-stack JS and the DOM.
- Add value to your team not just with your elegant code, but as yourself. You’ll be on a team whose leaders are engineers themselves, and who know the difference.
- You will contribute to decisions concerning the team's overall approach, and participate meaningfully in the ongoing tactical dialog.
- You will help to make the team better through peer review and knowledge sharing. Be an advocate of the peer review process, and help your teammates to grow by being generous with your knowledge.
- Thorough documentation of the work in progress, as part of adherence to our team standards as determined by lead architects, in conjunction with the team as a whole.
- Lead by example, seek consensus and help the team to be greater than the sum of its parts.
- Play a role in the team's best practices and good governance across the spectrum: secure, compliant, DRY not WET, and truly integrated into the larger whole. Be in the vanguard of a truly agile, true DevOps, true CI/CD culture here at AAP.
- Broad, advanced knowledge of the Node.js ecosystem, Node/NPM/Yarn dev environment.
- Agile/Scrum experience is expected, but we're even more interested in actual, lower-case-a agility, both for you and the team as a whole.
- ReactJS experience is highly desired.
- Some experience with server-side languages including Ruby, PHP, etc. Java is also a plus.
- Substantial experience working in cloud-first environments. Emphasis on AWS, including a solid overall grasp on the environment from the developer standpoint.
- Experience working data-driven environments, strong developer-level SQL, general understanding of normalization principles, understanding of relational schemae. Your NoSQL, big data, ETL, EDI, etc. experience are all of interest, particularly as they pertain to the cloud. It is all about the data here.
- APIs, REST conventions, solid understanding of strong, BI-grounded semantics and why they matter. MuleSoft experience will be a plus.
- Nice to have: digital marketing tools and technologies: 3P tags/tag management, SEO/SEM/SEP.
- Experience at optimizing e-commerce site design to maximize page-load speeds, clicks-to-checkout, conversion rates, etc.
- While you will work with specialists for UI, UX and design, we should all bring a sense of balance, layout, palette, etc.
- Version control: GitHub, BitBucket, Stash, etc. You should comfortable in Git-driven version-controlled DevOps environments. Experience with Jira, Confluence and Atlassian tools in general will be a plus.
- Experience working with UI/UX and design teams to produce working software from comps, mocks, wireframes, etc.
- True customer-first attitude is a must. Agile vocab notwithstanding, customer-first is, and always has been, a core AAP value.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and visual, with the ability to work across business and IT / development teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of overall experience with web coding and tech.
None to start.