|Date Posted||March 18, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace everyday by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools, platforms and services, typically for an external customer or end user
- Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines
- Applies knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems
- Works closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Be an active participant on the Scrum team
- Utilize solid development skills and gain an understanding of software architecture
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience building Java applications
- Experience with API design/development
- Experience working with relational DBs (Oracle/PostgreSQL preferred)
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience working with ORMs (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience working with clinical data (and / or clinical standards i.e. HL7, FHIR, CCD)
- Experience working within the Spring / SpringBoot framework
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Health care industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Great communication skills
- Team player who thrives working collaboratively
- Avid learner who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.