|Date Posted||December 11, 2019|
GIS Developer - Calgary, AB
On behalf of our client, Procom is searching for a GIS Developer for a 4 month contract in Calgary, AB.
GIS Developer Job Details
Our client is seeking a GIS Developer for full lifecycle development including design, develop, test, debugging, interface design, documentation, deployment, and maintain integrated GIS solutions that are reliable and scalable.
GIS Developer Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain technical specifications for developed applications
- Assist with analysis of business requirements, design and development of a web GIS application components that are integrated with other technologies using service Oriented Architecture approach
- Design and develop web services that integrate with other web service platforms using protocols like SOAP, RESTful and data interchange formats like JSON, xml, shapefiles, etc.
- Analyze technical issues and implement solutions to technical problems that are aligned with the AER architecture standards and best practices
- Assist with data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability
- Analyzing, problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve application issues
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the leadership team regarding pertinent activities.
GIS Developer Must Have Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Computer Technology Diploma and/or related progressive experience with formal GIS training
- Experience in design and development of web GIS applications built using ArcGIS and Geocortex technologies.
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies in service-oriented architecture.
- Experiences in ESRI geoprocessing service development using Python.
- Experience with Geodatabase management and development
- Proven experience developing map viewers with GeoCortex Essentials and HTML 5
- Experience with MS SQL 2008+
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong service culture
- Exposure to change management
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders and team member
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
GIS Developer Nice to Have Skills
- Experiences with FME server and FME services development (FME workbench, FME Rest API)
- Experience in creating tools, scripts or services for representing and converting spatial data between various formats like CAD, shapefile, etc.
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience in DevOps environment with ability to create automated scripts for building and deploying developed units.
- Oil and Gas related work experience is definitively an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
GIS Developer Assignment Length
GIS Developer Location
GIS Developer Start Date
Dec 09, 2019