|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our Optum Common Digital Capabilities (CDC) team, in this role you will play a significant part in developing and supporting digital solutions used across member-facing portals, such as Global Navigation and Global Search. You will work in an Agile Scrum team, collaborating closely with the business product management and members of a global engineering team. You will apply your skills in a highly dynamic, innovative, forward-thinking environment that follows industry best practices and fosters engineering culture.
Add Video: http://youtu.be/7iNvN3d3HNA
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
A qualified candidate is a full stack engineer and a self-starter who would take ownership of his/her assignments.
- Design and develop software applications and application components
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design / code reviews and developing automated test cases
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work with Agile geographically distributed teams
- Work closely with product management and other stakeholders to aid solution development
- Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems facing the health care industry
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests, driving continuous integration / validation, and supporting the creation and design of performance, load, and user acceptance tests
- Participate in a rotational 24x7 on-call support as needed
- Work outside of standard office hours as needed and, on occasion, support night-time releases
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years of working Java development experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with modern front-end development frameworks, such as ReactJS/Redux
- 3+ years of experience with REST APIs and Microservices
- 2+ years of working experience with CI/CD pipelines
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) development experience
- Experience with search platforms, such as Apache SOLR or Fusion
- Working knowledge of Agile development lifecycle and CA Agile Central
- Advanced communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts
- The ability to successfully manage work priorities in a dynamic, high-demand environment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.