|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
I. Position Description:
Maintain and enhance Java -based web applications and websites based on user feedback, business requirements and improvements recommended from within the development team. Participates in all Software Development Life Cycle phases while making application improvements and adding new features. The Software Developer must have both deep technical knowledge and good customer service skills.
- Develop technical design specifications and functional deliverables based upon any and all business requirements while working with Development and Support teams .
- Create and execute unit test cases to ensure quality and reduce the risk of regression issues.
- Be aware of best practices and coding standards to improve performance, maintainability, and to avoid security vulnerabilities.
- Identify code deficiencies and recommend/make necessary enhancements while resolving assigned issues reported by users/customers via IssueTrak.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
III. Required Tools/Technologies:
Familiarity and experience in some or all of the following systems/technologies:
- Web Server (JBoss Web/Tomcat/IIS)
- Integrated Development Environment (IntelliJ IDEA/PgAdmin/SQL Server Management Studio)
- Source versioning system ( GIT / Subversion )
- SQL (PostgreSQL/T-SQL)
- Windows and Linux environments
- Trouble ticket reporting system (IssueTrak or similar)
IV. Job Specifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming , Algorithms , and Data Structures
- Exposure to Vue.js and Bootstrap or similar frameworks/libraries.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written skills as well as a commitment to inter-office professionalism
- Ability to prioritize work well
- Ability to move IT-related equipment and lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to follow through with assigned tasks independently
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems in a timely manner
- Detail oriented and possess a passion for quality
- Experience with organizational change management (experienced it)