|Date Posted||September 5, 2020|
We are seeking an expert-level Senior Software Engineer to support the design, engineering and optimization of modern front-end eCommerce software solutions for our Lowes.com / Digital team.
This is a permanent opportunity based on-site in our Charlotte, NC technology hub.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or a related (STEM) field
• 7+ years of experience in software development/engineering
• 5+ years of experience building customer-facing websites, specifically the Front End / UI.
• 1+ year(s) of experience working in an Agile environment and/or leveraging TDD (Unit Testing).
• Experience with ES6 and Handlebar.JS strongly preferred.
• Experience working for a large/global organization retail or eCommerce organization would be ideal.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or a related (STEM) field is a plus
• Prior experience building/utilizing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins is nice to have.
• Proficient with deployment into Cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Google Cloud, etc.) would be great
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.